My name is Amit Karmakar. I’m a Street Photographer and enjoy capturing life with people and movement.
I also shoot documentary and portraiture. I’m an adventurer at heart, love travelling around the world and meeting people. Exploring the unknown awakens my curiosity in cultural anthropology which often leads me to meeting a wider diversity of people. I’m passionate about faces and the stories they tell. I also like photographing humanitarian causes to raise social awareness.
I was born and raised in India but moved to Sydney in my twenties. My hometown Dhanbad, lies in the northern hemisphere, roughly 23 degrees north of the equator. This is where my journey began. 23-NORTH is a homage to my roots.
Thank you for your appreciation and I’m grateful for your support.
- 2017 – my work has featured in Fuji X News, Eric Kim, Street Walkers Fuji rumors, Fujifilmx100f, Fujix100fabulous
- 2016 – my work was featured in Story of the Street, Fujifilm Australia, 53mm, Fujilove
Courses & Workshop
- Hanoi to Sapa Travel Street Photography Experience
- Sydney Street Photography workshop
- Melbourne Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard with Kayell
- Sydney Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard with Kayell
- Contact Sheet Mentorship program